Monday, October 5, 2009

Sneak Peak WIP

Here’s a sneak peak at my latest WIP (work in progress)! It’s mixed media on stretched canvas and inspired by my River of Tears journal. It is such great fun……. I want to add more elements but I quite like it’s simplicity as is. I originally designed it this way up….



But have been working on it this way up.





Now I’m not sure which I like best. Maybe the original? Comments greatly appreciated! Which orientation? And does it need more elements?


Last year I was given a selection of gaudy but oh so beautiful irises……… They are starting to flower! I'm so excited as I can’t for the life of me remember which colours I planted where! I leave you with this image of these two toned ones which are the first to open!


4 comments:

angela recada said...

Hello hello!

Thank you for stopping by my blog to introduce yourself. I'm so glad you did!

I really like your WIP. Pieces like this are wonderful because there is no wrong or right way to look at them. Upside down or right-side-up, either way you see something beautiful!

I'll be back to visit you again!

Hugs and best wishes from Wisconsin, where our 6 months of Winter weather is about to begin!

Angela

india flint said...

i'm writing to thank you for visiting, too! and that's a lovely iris...

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

Hi Angela! Thanks for leaving your lovely comment!

I'll be visiting your blogs again too. Isn't blogland wonderful for meeting inspiring people?

We're just into spring (my fav!). We're in rural New South Wales, Australia and it gets very hot here in summer which I'm not looking forwards to so much!

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

Hi India!
Absolutely love your blog... love the title too!

We could have met somewhere along the way. I grew up in the mid north of SA and did Interior Design at SAIT!

Small world really..... blogland makes it seem even more so.

Sandi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails