Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Quilts4London - Pennants for Olympic Athletes

The organisers of Quilts 4 London are calling for A3 sized pennant shaped quilts to give to each participant at the 2012 London Olympic Games. I thought this was a wonderful idea and as quilts are accepted globally I offered to be co-ordinator for Australia! Their website now has a slideshow of the first finished pennants as well as construction details and ideas for pennant shapes ! Click on the link or on the banner at the bottom of my blog page.......

I decided it was high time I began my first one! I've started with a piece of discharge dyed cotton that I blogged about a few months ago. I've cut wadding and calico to size and am going to surface stitch and embellish before adding a plain cotton backing and binding. I'm enjoying how this is looking... The buttons aren't stitched on yet but I'll definitely will be adding some!


Quilts4London Pennant WIP




Quilts4London Pennant WIP- detail

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails