Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Stash of Sorts

I’ve finally finished my liquorice allsorts art quilt wall hanging!

I’ve been working on it for a couple of months now (interspersed with about 100 other projects of course!) It has been so much fun. I originally designed it as a rectangle but loved the square within a square so stopped there... Another row of blocks would make a gorgeous cot quilt! (I'd have to use all cottons and prewash!)

All the fabric is from my stash; but not all cottons. The yellow is a flannel and the green which is the perfect shade is a synthetic stretch fabric of some sort. The black border and backing originally came from my MIL and is a vintage retro fabric with quite a coarse weave.

I decided to hand quilt it as the machine quilting just wasn’t adding anything to the piece. Each allsort layer is 1" wide and each allsort block is 5" square. The overall size including border and binding is about 25 1/2".

I’m really pleased with it. Just need to add a hanging sleeve and take it into the gallery!


Related Posts with Thumbnails