Wednesday, June 2, 2010

surrender to stitching...

I promised Mum I would make her a case for her glasses…the one she has is scratching the lenses… so I surrendered to this over the last few days…

I drove a friend into town yesterday; a doctor’s appt, hairdresser’s appt, groceries and errands… so... I had quite a bit of time to sit and stitch! We did manage a nice lunch at the gallery and afternoon tea before we trekked home. Jan has just had an operation on her foot and like most of us; hates the temporary loss of wheels (being able to drive) and with that-her independence!



I don’t think I could add too many more stitches to this if I tried! I love the colours and frayed edges and the variegated threads! Now to sew it up with a lovely soft batting lining and find some sort of closure... I hope Mum likes it!

8 comments:

Joei Rhode Island said...

I *love* it. The colors are wonderful and the stitching adds life. If she doesn't like it...ahhemm...my birthday is coming up =-)

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

tee hee Joei! Thanks!

Jacky said...

These colours are soooo beautiful and I do so love sari silks!!! I'd love a glasses case like that too. Lucky mum!

Jacky xox

Sparklyjools said...

Fabulous colours, I love those peacock blue and greens - she will be thrilled! x

The Old Art Room said...

I just love these blues.
I am sure you can squeeze in another stitch!!!he hee
best wishes,
jane C

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

Thanks girls, for your lovely comments... I know Mum is going to love it: it's always nice to receive something hand made.... These colours are growing on me too!! :] xo

suziqu's thread works said...

Your work is beautiful. Love your purses using the sari silks. I have just made several purses with silks, velvets and mohair (form our goats). You can see them on my blog. We live also on a small property down on the far south coast of NSW.
Heartfelt cheers.

creativelenna said...

beautiful stitching and fabrics, wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails