Saturday, November 20, 2010

...a pair of hearts

I finished the last of the heart hangers in time to drop them off at the gallery on my way to work yesterday. Phew! It's been great to work to a deadline - makes me a little more focused!

Hope and Faith Heart Hangers

These were also made from fabric I painted and then stamped for Alisa Burke's Whimsical Women workshop. I stamped the gothic window stamp I recently carved onto rusted paper and machine stitched them onto the front of the hearts before joining. I love Alisa's 'Grafitti Style' and the black stitching really emphasises it! I added a chiffon rose, text and lazy daisy flowers. The copper stamped flowers are glaring a little in this early morning sunshine lit photo...
Off to do some more gardening! - weeding.... they are out of control after all the rain we've had!

3 comments:

Joei Rhode Island said...

These are absolutely charming!

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

I LOVE these! What beautiful work! Nice to hear from you! Hugs Catherine

Joan - South Island, New Zealand. said...

I have been browsing your blog for the first time. I am enjoying the freshness of it. Your artwork is fabulous. I particularly like the hearts - so lovely.
I'm glad I've found you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails