Monday, July 18, 2011

Bitumen Mixed Media Experiment....

I haven’t been here for a little while…….but I promise I have been busy; very busy!

We’ve had the floor in our main living area sanded and polished; and the walls painted –red! More of that in a later post…


I’ve been mostly working on another tree of life textile piece – photos later; but I really wanted to link to this amazing Mixed Media Photo Tutorial by Gary Reef on Loving Mixed Media. There's another link to his site in my sidebar too...

When I saw this I just had to give it a go! I used an unfinished collage on a stretched canvas that just wasn't working the way I had envisaged! I painted over it with white paint, added some stencilling, bitumen and more stencilling....



I really like it like this even!


Then started rubbing back into the bitumen with some turps..... WOW!




Not finished yet; Boy am I having fun playing though. The technique involves collage, bitumen, spray paint and stencils…… WOW! Thanks Gary for an amazing tutorial… I might get brave enough to post a photo of my finished piece on LMM! I think I'm hooked on the technique (despite the smell of the bitumen!) and regardless of how this turns out will definitely try some more!!!


Back Soon..............! xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails