Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pear on Saucer Collage Update


Here is an update of the collage I started yesterday. I think it's finished except the dark patch in the upper centre is annoying me. The tones aren't perfect but it is already at least 2 layers thick in most places and I don't want to play around with it too much more! For the most part I like it and can see myself doing more!




Pear on Saucer
Collage on Stretched Canvas
30cm x 30cm (12" x 12")

Next time I will do an under painting (either of the design or a graded or flat colour to help tie everthing together) I used a tiny bit of blue tissue in the shadows on this but found it really hard to cover it up entirely. I need to think about backgrounds before I start glueing too! Lots learnt and a very enjoyable exercise overall... nothing like ripping and sticking!

2 comments:

Joei Rhode Island said...

I've not seen this technique before...Ripping and gluing...sounds like fun. =-)

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

Joei,I'm addicted to collage now too...! It started with my River of Tears journal where I've been using what ever is on hand - kitchen towel, tissue paper, newspaper etc

There is something almost therapeutic about the ripping and then gluing! It's fun! And stress free.....probably because any mistakes can be covered easily!

Sandi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails